1. Can a BOLT racket be strung like a typical racket ? Is the stringing any different?
Yes, a BOLT racket can be strung just like a typical racket . A BOLT racket has a “Short Side”. The cross-strings must be laced in one particular direction so pay attention to knot hole locations as marked on the racquet. See string pattern pdf for further info.
2. If a BOLT racket is stiff, is it hard on my arm?
A BOLT racket is extremely arm-friendly. It’s true that typically a stiff racket is hard on a player, but a BOLT racket has Zipstrips, which function much like the suspension system on a car. Impact shock is nearly eliminated, making it the most comfortable racket on the market.
3. How can a power racket be a control racquet too?
A BOLT racket is unique in this way. Every BOLT racket provides great control with any level of power. The Zipstrips flex instead of the racket, so every BOLT is as solid as a rock while the Zipstrips control ball rebound speed.
4. Can a Zipstrip wear out? What happens if it does?
A Zipstrip will lose optimum performance characteristics over time but will rarely wear out completely. We recommend changing the Zipstrips after 200-250 hours of play. For serious, frequent play (5-10 hrs/month), this will be approximately 2 years. A Zipstrip can be changed by any racket stringer when the racket is re-strung.
5. Can I string my BOLT with the same string and tension as my old racket ?
Any type of string can be used in a BOLT racket. In fact, a BOLT will improve the performance of any string. Because a BOLT is much more forgiving and inherently softer than a typical racket, we recommend a tension 2-3 lbs tighter than the tension in your old racket .
6. Can I demo/playtest a BOLT racket? Is there a charge? How long can I
keep the demo racket ?
Yes, you can demo up to 3 rackets at any one time. There is a $10.00 charge per racket + shipping. BOLT covers the return shipment cost. The $10 fee can be redeemed as a credit toward the purchase of a new BOLT. A valid credit card must accompany the order. The demo rackets must be returned to BOLT within 21 days from the delivery date.
7. How do I choose a BOLT racket? Is it different from choosing a typical
Choosing a BOLT is very simple. You select a racket by string-bed area and weight. Generally, the larger the racket, the lighter it is.
8. How can I pay for my BOLT racket? How long does it take to get my
You can pay for BOLT merchandise with a credit or debit card. We do not accept checks. Merchandise usually ships within 48 hours.
9. Can I buy a BOLT racket from anywhere in the world?
Yes, we ship to anywhere in the world. If you’re outside of the US, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Is a BOLT racket designed and approved for competitive play?
Absolutely. In fact, it’s designed specifically for competitive play and conforms to all standards for sanctioned events.